Sources of Information for Oklahoma Entities
Updated: 8/11/2017
While thousands of corporations have gone bankrupt or been dissolved throughout the years, corporations disappear for other reasons, too... The resources below can be very helpful when researching old stock certificates. In addition to these, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's Old Stock & Bond Certificates page can provide additional resources.

Oklahoma Secretary of State

The Business Records Department provides searches on corporations, limited partnerships, limited liability companies, limited liability partnerships, partnership fictitious names, trade names and trademarks. Computer terminals are available to the public at the Secretary of State's office during normal business hours [8 a.m.-5 p.m.] to search the same records at no charge.

The following information is available through a search online for no charge:

  • Correct name
  • Status
  • Registered [service] agent's name
  • Registered office address
  • Date of registration
  • Authorized capital
  • State of domicile

The following entity details may be available through searches for a fee:

  • Authorized shares and par value
  • Amendments to the formation of the entity
  • Name changes
  • Mergers
  • Principals
  • Trade names

You can obtain entity details by ordering online, in person, or by written request. You may search up to three entities for a $5.00 fee ONLINE only. If you request entity details by written request or in person, the fee is $5.00 per entity.

If you wish to obtain a hard copy of the filings, you can place the order online with a credit card, mail a written request, or come to the office. The fee for plain copies is $1.00 per page. If you wish to obtain a certified copy, the fee is $1.00 per page plus an additional $10.00 to certify the copies.

You may pay fees with Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express for an additional 4% surcharge.

Contact information:

Oklahoma Secretary of State
Business Records Department
421 N.W. 13th, Suite 210/220
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73103

Telephone (405) 521-4211
Fax (405) 521-3771

Oklahoma Tax Commission

To obtain a list of the current officers for a corporate entity:

    By phone, call the Business Tax Review office at 405-521-3145.

    By letter, submit a request addressed as follows:

      Oklahoma Tax Commission
      Attention: Business Tax Review
      P.O. Box 269060
      Oklahoma City, OK 73126-9060

    In person, go to the Business Tax Review office of the Oklahoma Tax Commission, 2501 N. Lincoln Boulevard, Oklahoma City, OK 73194.

A list of current officers cannot be accessed through the internet. There is no fee for this service.

It would be helpful to provide the Oklahoma Secretary of State filing/key number (or the federal tax ID number) with your request.

Metropolitan Library System [Oklahoma County]

Information Desk
300 Park Avenue
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73102
(405) 231-8650, Option 3

Oklahoma County Clerk [particularly, if a "trust"]

Real estate division
320 Robert S. Kerr, Room 203
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73102
(405) 713-1540

You or your representative must come in person to check the records. The fee for copies is $1/page and, if desired, $1 to certify the entire document. You may contract for a title or abstract company to perform a search. 

Oklahoma Corporation Commission

Oil and Gas Conservation Division
Jim Thorpe Building (2101 N Lincoln Blvd.)
P.O. Box 52000
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73152-2000
Contact: Dr. Lawrence Claxton 405) 521-2273

This office will not help with securities questions per se. However, they can tell you how to find out if an operator is licensed to drill, if a drilling permit has been obtained for a specific location, etc. 

Oklahoma Insurance Department

Five Corporate Plaza
3625 NW 56th, Suite 100
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73112-4511
(405) 521-2828
(800) 522-0071 [In-State Toll Free]

If an insurance company has been licensed in Oklahoma, they can tell you the address of the company and/or the names of its successors, if any.

Unclaimed Property

One other potential resource would be the holder of unclaimed property in the state of the person’s residence or where the property is held. Under certain situations a company might be required to submit dividends or other moneys or property belonging to a person or entity (that it has been unable to locate) to a state’s unclaimed property authority. For Oklahoma, contact:

Oklahoma State Treasurer
Unclaimed Property Division
State Capitol Building
2300 N. Lincoln, Room 217
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
(405) 521-4273

Office Hours: 8am to 5pm Mon-Fri